5 Year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
The manufacturer’s limited warranty to the original consumer purchaser is as follows:
The Company expressly warrants the Safe Room to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase by the original consumer purchaser. The manufacturer will repair or replace, at its discretion, parts found to be defective due to materials or
workmanship of properly installed safe rooms only.
To exercise this limited warranty the owner must allow the manufacturer (or its representative) at its discretion to inspect the Safe Room onsite. Failure to allow this inspection will void the warranty. Upon inspection, the manufacturer will determine if the damaged or malfunctioning components are in fact defective and if those defects will be repaired or replaced.
Warranty’s Limitations and Exclusions
This limited warranty is subject to the following limitations and exclusions:
1) Limitation – This limited warranty applies only to products which have been supplied, properly assembled, adjusted, and operated in accordance with the instructions contained within this manual.
2) Exclusions – Excluded from this limited warranty are the following:
a) Minimal damage to the powder coat finish that may have occurred during shipping,
installation, or from normal wear and tear is also excluded. To reduce the likelihood of
rusting, the Purchaser should repair any damage to the powder coat finish as soon as
b) Defects in any item that was not part of the original Safe Room as constructed by the
c) Any defect, injury, accident, loss of life, and/or loss of property inside or outside the Safe
Room caused by or worsened by negligence, improper maintenance, lack of maintenance,
improper action or inaction, or willful or malicious acts, by any party other than the
Company, its employees, agents, or trade contractors.
d) Normal wear and tear of the Safe Room or consumer products in the Safe Room.
e) Concrete foundation defects.
f) Loss of life or property or damage or injury caused by acts of God, including but not
limited to fire, explosion, smoke, water escape, changes that are not reasonably
foreseeable in the level of underground water table, glass breakage, windstorm, hail,
lightning, falling trees, aircraft, vehicles, flood, and earthquakes.
g) Any defect or damage caused by changes in the grading or drainage patterns or by
excessive watering of the ground of the Owner’s property or adjacent property.
h) Any loss of life or property, injury, or damage that arises while the Safe Room is being
i) Any damage to the extent it is caused or made worse by the failure of anyone other than
the Company or its representatives to comply with the requirements of this warranty.
j) Failure of Purchaser to take timely action to minimize loss or damage or failure of
Purchaser to give the Company timely notice of the defect.
k) Any Safe Room in which the Purchaser fails to inspect and/or maintain regular cleaning
of the Safe Room.
l) Insect or animal damage.
Non-transferability of Warranty: This limited warranty is not transferable to anyone beyond the original purchaser.
Owner’s Warranty Obligations: In the event you have a claim under this limited warranty, you must notify the manufacturer in writing either via certified US mail or electronic mail within two weeks the defect was discovered or when the defect should have been reasonably discovered. All transportation charges, damage, or loss incurred during transportation of parts submitted for replacement or
repair under this limited warranty shall be borne by the purchaser. Should you have any questions concerning this limited warranty, please contact us Sales@RiotSheds.com
Arbitration of Dispute. The Purchasers shall promptly contact the Company in writing regarding any disputes involving this Agreement. If discussions between the Parties do not resolve such dispute, the Purchaser agrees to resolve the dispute through arbitration. Either party may, upon written notice to the other party, submit such dispute to arbitration before an arbitrator selected by Company. The arbitrator shall proceed under the construction industry rules of the American Arbitration Association. The award of the arbitrator shall be final, conclusive, and binding upon the Parties. The expenses of the arbitrators shall be shared equally, but each party shall bear its own fees and costs. Purchaser and Company agree that any and all litigation concerning Company and this Agreement shall take place in Deschutes County, State of Oregon.
No armor is 100% bulletproof. Among other things, specialized armor piercing bullets and ultra-high velocity rounds may not be stopped by armor. Furthermore, projectiles that are successfully stopped by armor could still result in some level of injury or even death. Safe Room
defeats most pistol and shotgun projectiles, but NO structure on earth makes you invulnerable to all threats. To state the obvious, getting shot at or attacked in some other capacity ALWAYS carries some risk.
INSTALL LOCATION REQUIREMENTS
Free Installation to locations within 150 ft of delivery point. Locations further away than 150ft will be charged $2 per foot of extra travel distance.
Riot Shed Foundation Inspection and Anchoring
Concrete Foundation Inspection
The following concrete slab requirements and inspection criteria are based
upon the engineering specifications specific to the Rot Sheds and Safe Room.
To maintain Near Absolute Protection any variations from these specific
recommendations must be reviewed and approved by a structural engineer.
Minimum Slab Thickness must be an average 4 inches:
• To test for thickness drill several holes concentrated around area of installation;
the drill bit selected must be able to drill a minimum of 4 1/2” deep.
• Take a piece of stiff wire and bend a small “L” on the end. The “L” must be
small enough to fit through the drilled hole and will be used to hook on the
underside of the concrete.
• Once the wire has been inserted into the hole, pull up on the wire so the “L”
catches on the underside of the concrete and mark the wire at the top side
of the concrete.
• Remove the wire from the hole and measure the distance from the “L” hook
to the mark on the wire to obtain the concrete thickness. This process will
be repeated with each hole and the measurements noted.
• If there is any doubt that the average thickness is less than 4 inches, a plan
should be put into place to cut out existing section of concrete and re-pour with
Minimum Concrete Reinforcement:
• No. 4 (1/2”) rebar at a maximum spacing of 24” on center, in two perpendicular
• If you are not sure if your concrete reinforcement meets this requirement, you should contact a contactor or building inspector for an inspection. They can evaluate your concrete with a GPR (ground penetrating radar). These devices can detect both ferrous and non-ferrous materials. They can also detect voids in concrete and thickness.
Minimum Slab Dimension:
The minimum concrete slab dimension for Riot Sheds free standing models is 8’3”W x 11’11”L.
Concrete Compressive Strength and Surface Condition:
• The minimum standard for concrete strength is 3500 psi.
• A good way to check the compressive strength of the foundation is with a
rebound hammer. A rebound hammer will provide a reading on a scale that
can be converted to PSI. It is recommended to take as many as 12 hits on the
surface of the concrete in the area around installation site.
•Another quick test to evaluate the concrete is to scrape the surface of the
foundation with the edge of a small standard screwdriver. If the surface is
easily scratched with deep grooves, your concrete may not meet the
minimum requirements and should be evaluated by a professional and/or
with a rebound hammer.
• A slab which contains numerous large cracks caused by settlement of the
support of the supporting sub grade, prior extreme loading, or improper
finishing or curing should not be considered adequate for Safe Room anchorage.
Small cracks are acceptable, 1/32” or smaller. If these conditions occur, you
should have your concrete evaluated by a professional.
• It is important to determine the location of any construction joints where the reinforcing may be discontinuous; this would make the slab inadequate for Safe Room anchorage. Sawn control joints are acceptable, provided reinforcing has not been cut. See Minimum Concrete Reinforcement above.
Anchor Bolt Installation and Inspection
The National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA) recommends following engineering specifications for anchor type, size, and capacity. The NSSA also recommends following manufacturers installation procedures.
ANCHOR INSPECTION – NSSA/International Code Council (ICC) 500, Section 106.3 and 3.1.
• Special inspections shall be provided for “anchors” post installed in hardened concrete, when used for anchorage of Safe Room components forming a part of the shelter enclosure (floor) or for anchorage of the shelter structure to foundations.
• NSSA/ICC 500, Section 106.3.1 requires a special inspection to verify the post installed anchor installation and capacity in accordance with Section 107.2.1, which should be the same as the recommendation by the design engineer. Exception: For residential Safe Rooms , where the authority having jurisdiction verifies that the anchorage meets ICC 500 Section 107.2.1, the special inspection is permitted to be waived.
INSTRUCTION TIPS FOR ANCHOR INSTALLATION
ANCHORS – EXPANSION / WEDGE TYPE
Your Riot Shed comes supplied with the approved anchors to properly install and secure your Safe Room. These anchors have been evaluated and verified to meet the necessary requirements and any deviation from these anchors should be reviewed by a professional engineer.
Drilling Anchor Holes:
• Anchor holes should be marked using the provided Riot Shed Drill Template before beginning the Safe Room assembly process. When placing the drill template, care should be taken to ensure holes are being drilled at least 4” to 6” from any edge of the concrete. For proper anchor fit and load requirements, the holes must be drilled with a 1/2” Carbide Concrete Drill Bit to a minimum depth of 2 3/4” and a maximum depth of 3”.
*Note: It is recommended to attach a piece of tape on the drill bit at the target depth to ensure the holes are being drilled properly. Care should be taken to ensure you do not drill “through” the concrete; this can allow moisture from the ground to enter the hole resulting in anchor failure. If the hole is drilled through the concrete, you should consult a professional in anchor installation for alternative solutions.
• Before installing anchors, the dust needs to be removed from the drilled holes to ensure proper anchoring; this can be done by blowing them out with air or a vacuum.
Set up the Riot Shed Pistol Safe Room in place first as directed in the Riot Shed Assembly Instructions and verify anchor hole alignment.
Start the anchor nut on the top of threaded anchor and then tap anchor in hole with a hammer to maximum depth. Hand tighten top nut and then using a torque wrench, torque the anchor bolts to 40 Foot Pounds to expand bottom wedge. Do not over tighten anchor. If the anchor begins to spin, the anchor will not work properly and you should consult a professional in anchor installation for alternate solutions.
• Failure to follow the above recommended guidelines could result in an improper Safe Room installation. An improperly installed Safe Room will not provide the level of Safety and Security your Riot Shed was engineered and designed to provide
Work Area Preparation:
Make a clear access point 9’wide for the Riot Sheds delivery as close to desired shed location as possible.
Make a path clear of obstructions from the delivery drop point to the Riot Shed installation location. A path a minimum of 3’ wide is needed for efficient installation.
Water faucet to connect a hose within 200’ or a 200+ gallon tank with hose and pump will be needed for the duration of excavation and concrete work.
110v. power supply or a 4000w. generator needs to be available within 125’ of the Riot Shed installation location for the install crew to use for the duration of install
If the above Work Area Preparation items are not ready and provided at the time the installation crew shows up an additional trip charge will be billed and the installation will be rescheduled. Trip charge amount will vary based on your location in proximity to the regional warehouse.